The 4K Annual Grants are provided by the 4K specifically for those within the Wingecarribee Shire.
The 4K raises money and provides support for disadvantaged and disabled kids and their families within the Wingecarribee Shire only. We invite applications from interested organisations for Project Grants that will assist the applicant organisation to deliver programs of support to those disadvantaged and disabled kids and their families within the Wingecarribee Shire.
The 4K will provide grants in three ways:
- Small Grants awarded for projects or support between $2,000 and $5,000
- Large Grants awarded for support and Projects to a maximum of $20,000
- Emergency Grants – for individuals and families who have an immediate need for support.
The awards provide for direct costs toward the delivery of the applicant’s project or needs in the case of emergency grants which are for individuals only.
Other than emergency grants all funding is aimed at value adding to the delivery of worthwhile projects and not for core operational purposes or to fund ongoing projects on an annual basis.
Emergency grants are for individuals and their families only.
Consideration may be given to multi-year projects on a seed funding basis; however, the applicant will need to show how this seed funding will enable the project to sustain itself at the completion of the funding cycle. Seed funding of this kind will be limited to two consecutive years.
Emergency grants remain focused on disadvantaged or disabled kids and their families in the Wingecarribee Shire and will be considered on merit at any time. These grants are aimed at individual needs and to fill gaps in support at different stages to assist applicants to deal with unexpected, unforeseen and/or emergency issues and are targeted to provide assistance not readily available elsewhere in an emergency.
As such emergency grants will not be managed in the same way and simply completing the application form on the 4K website will be sufficient to trigger the 4K’s immediate consideration of the individual’s need. A member of the 4K board will make contact and arrange for a confidential meeting to discuss the emergency need.
All applications will be considered on merit in line with the 4K charitable objectives, by a panel of 5 people to include both representatives of the 4K and others appointed by the 4K for the purpose of considering the applications. The panel reserves the right to offer part funding of any submission.
Successful applicants will be advised in writing, and the committee’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Each successful applicant will be required to enter into a formal Memorandum of Understanding with the 4K outlining the terms of the grant and setting out project and reporting timelines.
To be eligible for a grant all applicants must:
- Be incorporated, have an ABN, be supported , or be auspiced by an organisation that is incorporated or has an ABN
- Be not-for-profit
- Be located within the Wingecarribee Shire local government area
- Be capable of running the project to completion and/or not trading insolvently
- Be committed to providing significant contributions of their own toward the project whether financial, in kind or voluntary hours contribution.
- Have already obtained all necessary licences, approvals or legal authority for projects requiring approvals
- Provide a firm quote for major purchases and where purchases are more than $5,000 at least two competitive quotes are to be provided.
Funding may not be used towards:
- Projects for which this grant would represent 100% of the cost of the program or project
- Employment related expenses including ongoing salaries and other benefits for permanent or casual positions
- Organisational infrastructure cost including the normal overhead or operating expenses of the organisation.
- Major capital equipment unless providing a direct and immediate benefit to the target group or an individual within that group where it provides life skills or medical benefits.
- Vehicles, equipment maintenance, or the planning and design work for any project
- Travel expenses that are not directly aligned with the delivery of the aims and objectives of the 4K during the period of the grant
- Completed projects
- Religious or political activities
- Commercial enterprise or not for profit group fundraising activities.
- Research projects or any projects required for a formal educational program
- Insurance premiums for public liability or any other form of risk
- Projects already fully funded or capable of being fully funded by a Local, State or Federal government agency
- Where part funding is available or capable of being available from a Local, State or Federal agency, the applicant will need to show the level of funding available and the shortfall required to support the program.
- For core operational purposes or to fund ongoing projects on an annual basis.
- Workshops, seminars, forums or conferences
- Training support for volunteers
- Community education, environmental and health projects
- Community resource or information kits
- Music, theatre, arts or cultural activities or events which are not exclusively for those in the 4K support group
- One off consultancy for specific purposes e.g., workshop fees.
- Surveys to evaluate the effectiveness of the group
- Provision or upgrade to technology of any kind.
- Equipment purchases which do not have a direct and immediate impact on an individual within the 4K target group and provide them with some immediate benefit they would not obtain otherwise.
- Projects that are delivered outside of the Wingecarribee Shire.
- Applications open on Friday 1 July 2022 and close at 5pm on Wednesday 31 August 2022.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants may only submit one application per year.
- Applications to be forwarded by mail to The Secretary 4K, PO Box 344, Bowral NSW 2756 or
by email to secretary@the4K.com.au to be received by the due date. Difficulties with
technology will not be accepted as a reason for late submission and therefore the 4K must be
notified of any issues that arise during the submission of an application via email.
Applying for a Grant
The annual grants round and call for applications will be advertised each year commencing the last week of June and ending in the last week of August. The advertisements will be carried in social media and on the 4K website and Facebook page and through local radio 2ST.
- An application form must be completed. These are available from the 4K website. The forms must be returned to The Secretary 4K, PO Box 344, Bowral NSW 2756 or by email to secretary@the4K.com.au to be received by the due date.
- All applications must provide answers in sufficient depth for the assessing panel to make an informed decision.
- Some applicants may be invited to an interview by the panel to clarify any aspects of the application at a mutually convenient time.
- Applicants having difficulty with the interpretation of these guidelines or in filling out the forms are invited to contact the Secretary of the 4K as below.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Acknowledge the source of funding for your project in any publicity inclusive of social media, websites, press releases and all other publications and display the 4K logo (available from the 4K)
- Provide articles and or digital photos or videos to the 4K that can be used to demonstrate the 4K role in your project to potential sponsors, donors and the wider community. Permission from parents or guardians should be obtained before providing photos of children or young people. Provision of the photos and videos will be deemed that the necessary permission
has been obtained in advance.
- Applications for emergency grants will be accepted at any time during the year following an initial contact with the 4K as detailed below. Please note that any applicant for an emergency grant will be required to clearly demonstrate their special need and the unforeseen emergency circumstance when making the application. This is best managed through a one-on-one interview with a board member of the 4K.
- Application for emergency grants must be made on the small grant’s application form located on the 4K website, with an appropriate notation.
Phone: 0490 408 907
Postal Address: P.O Box 344, Bowral NSW 2576.
STANDARD GRANT CONDITIONS
- The grantee must use the whole of the grant exclusively for the project as described in the application for the grant and not for other purposes.
- If the project is not completed by the end of the date specified on the Application (the completion date) or any extension of the completion date approved in writing by the Grantor, no part of the grant may be paid out or otherwise used after the completion date without the approval in writing of the grantor.
- The grantee must promptly advise the grantor of any material change which may affect the grantee’s ability to undertake or complete the project within the specified period.
- The grantee will expend the grant only within the Wingecarribee Shire or where specified in the application elsewhere within close proximity to the Wingecarribee Shire.
- The Grantee must provide an official receipt to the grantor within such specified period after payment as is specified by the grantor.
- The Grantee must keep detailed financial records to enable the use of grant funds to be checked readily.
- The Grantee must acknowledge the support of the Grantor in any published or displayed material related to the project.
- The grantee must give the grantor within such period after the project is completed as is specified by the grantor, a financial acquittal and a grant report. The report will be made available to the grantor online and it must be provided by the due date specified in the grant reporting schedule.
- The grantee must ensure all rights, consents, licences and permissions have been obtained prior to submitting images. Images sent to the Grantor should include captions, names of people pictured, and any acknowledgments required. The provision of information and images will be taken as permission to reproduce and publish.
NOTE: If the grant conditions are not met, this will be taken into consideration if future applications are submitted to the Grantor.